Monday, September 29, 2014

Collection of Food baking in Sep 2014

September is a month full of festivals and events.

This is the first year I tried my hands on baking and making mooncakes.

I first ventured into making snowskin mooncakes. It's easier than you
think. So, never venture never gain. Then I try my hands onto
traditional mooncakes which require baking. I also try making "piglet"
biscult, using the skin of traditional mooncake. Realised that I cannot
put too much sugar in it else the whole piece become too sweet and will
be difficult to digest as a piece of "biscult".

Making mooncakes make me want to get more beautiful mooncake-molds. The
only place i can think of is a shop in Hong Kong selling a wide range of
baking ware. It's a few house away from Silka Seaview Hotel.

Next came Teachers' day. This is also the first year I bake for the
event so that the kids can bring them as gifts for teachers.

I remember that last year I did not prepare anything. Being very "down
to earth", my boy never care to write a card or anything for the
teachers. I never bother if he doesn;t mention anything. So that's it,
give nothing, no appreciation and no non-appreciation. He will not learn
to give and appreciate. When I decided to bake this year, he mentioned
that most students will teachers something. Ah-hah, so he mentioned,
that means he senses embrassment not giving anything last year.

This year bake for the teachers was Osmanthus cookie. It is easy to make
and I get the girl to help since she is in the afternoon session. She is
in P1 this year , I want her to understand the joy of giving and also
think of appreciating the kindness of a teachers. Kindness needs to be
repaid.

Down the road, we came to learn about making 旺仔小馒头. To get the boy
out from playing on the PC all day, I have to distract him with
something else. Probably asking him to make 旺仔小馒头 will let him
focus abit as he will need to concentrate on rolling the small dough.
The outcome of the product is hard like cruching on nuts, but the
process is worth since he has to concentrate on not making the balls too
big or too small. Most importantly, he gets the feel of being
"appreciated" for his hard work and I can get him off the PC for 1 hour.

I have more dishes to share too. C-ya later.

Collaboration request

Hi there How would you like to earn a 35% commission for each sale for life by selling SEO services Every website owner requires the ...